Proposed amendments to Quebec privacy laws are out!
Bill 64 was published today and provides proposed amendments to the Quebec public sector and private sector privacy laws. Amendments to the private sector law include the following :
- Breach reporting requirements
- Obligation to conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment
- Data portability right and de-indexation right
- Explicitly recognizes the right to anonymize personal information
- Obligation to have a DPO
- “Privacy by design” requirement
- Higher penalties
- Cross-border requirements
We will be reviewing and publishing a summary in the coming days.
Bill 64 is available here (English version) and here (French version).
This content has been updated on June 12, 2020 at 10 h 50 min.