Commercial Transactions, Technology Agreements and Websites
- Has been mandated to advise several clients, including insurance companies, investment funds and businesses active in new media, on respect for privacy and regulatory compliance in those areas, as regards their business transactions (acquisitions or business partnerships) and/or to carry out diligent privacy-related and compliance audits of the target company, its products and its Web site(s). More specifically, Éloïse has been retained by an American multinational traded on the NYSE stock exchange and a leader in international family entertainment and interactive media, to perform a privacy compliance audit of a virtual business (a 700 million dollar transaction).
- Has been mandated by various clients to advise them on legal issues relating to cloud computing services. In particular, Éloïse has represented one Canadian communications company that provides diversified services in the negotiation and conclusion of strategic partnership agreements with resellers, OEMs and suppliers of cloud computing services.
- Was mandated by a U.S. technology provider in order assist them in the positioning of their web-based product and tool for the Canadian market and for the marketing of the product to Canadian schools.
- Has been mandated by a global financial services company listed on the NYSE, in the preparation and negotiation of a cross-border partnership agreement for the development of a technology platform for the distribution of insurance services.
- Has been mandated several times to develop and draft various policies, such as confidentiality policies, policies governing the use of employers’ tools, information systems security policies, information systems security policies or policies on managing security breaches, as well as policies concerning social media, codes of conduct or codes of ethics, data retention and destruction policies, and Terms-of-Use agreements for websites or online services. These clients have included a leading Canadian company in Analog and Digital Television, High-Speed Internet and Telephone services, one of the world’s largest professional services firms traded on the TSX stock exchange, one of the largest automobile manufacturers, a Canadian leader in consumer products (a company traded on the TSX stock exchange) and one of the world’s foremost suppliers of outsourcing services.
This content has been updated on June 28, 2015 at 21 h 17 min.