Privacy and Anti-spam Compliance
Privacy and Anti-spam Compliance, Risk Management and Strategic Advisory
- Has been mandated more than twenty times to carry out privacy impact assessments and to evaluate risks connected with the management of personal information, to design a privacy protection program adapted to the needs and risks faced by the client, and to assist in implementing such programs for various clients, including an American multinational corporation traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange, specializing in Internet-related products and services, a Canadian cable and broadcasting telecommunications company, and a leading firm that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes a vast array of generic products for the retail pharmaceutical industry.
- Has been mandated more than a dozen times to conduct privacy audits, study personal information flows in companies and their subsidiaries (“data mapping”) or conduct a “gap analysis”, focusing on company practices connected with corporate policies and/or applicable privacy statutes. These mandates have been performed for a number of clients, including one of the largest players in the retail trade, a Canadian leader in consumer products and a Canadian company active in the retail pharmaceutical industry.
- Has been mandated to provide advice respecting questions dealing with human resources and the protection of privacy, including issues related to recruitment and background checks, the management of access requests, the legality of email or web use monitoring or location tracking practices, as well as the collection and use of biometric information in the workplace. These mandates have been performed for various clients, including one of the largest automobile manufacturers; a Canadian leader in consumer products; a leading company in Analog and Digital Television, High-Speed Internet and Telephone services; one of the world’s largest professional services firms traded on the TSX stock exchange; one of the world’s largest professional services firms, as well as a multinational corporation working in the biopharmaceutical sector.
- Was retained by one of the “big four” accounting firms to develop tools and procedures enabling it to assist its clients with certain aspects of the legislative requirements of CASL (the Canadian anti-spam law) in connection with their business practices and to provide consulting services to its clients concerning CASL compliance.
- Has been mandated by over forty companies to advise them on aspects of the legislative requirements of CASL (the Canadian anti-spam law) in connection with their business practices, to draft and develop necessary internal and external policies, as well as to develop their employee training programs. This work has been done for various clients, including a leading Canadian company in Analog and Digital Television, High-Speed Internet and Telephone services; one of the world’s largest professional services firms traded on the TSX stock exchange; one of the largest automobile manufacturers; a Canadian leader in the consumer products industry (a company quoted on the TSX stock exchange); and one of the world’s foremost suppliers of outsourcing services.
- Has been retained to advise on the development of online marketing strategies, as well as on implementing best online behavioural advertising practices by various clients, including a leading supplier of digital services to traditional radios and on the Web, one of the largest retailers and one of the largest multinational sales and affiliate marketing agencies in the world.
- Was mandated by one of the world’s largest professional services firms traded on the TSX stock exchange to advise on its overall strategy for implementing the “binding corporate rules” developed by the Working Group on Article 29 of the European Union, enabling that client to transfer personal data across the borders of different European countries, in compliance with the EU’s legal requirements.
- Was mandated to assist and advise a Canadian Internet Service Provider listed on the TSX in obtaining one of the highest transparency rating in the annual study conducted by information policy researchers from the University of Toronto in collaboration with the Centre for Innovation Law and Policy.
- Was mandated by a supplier of geo-location services and by a leading supplier of Mobile Data Intelligence solutions, to draft and prepare “privacy white papers” used by those clients to market their products to potential partners.
Updated June 28, 2015 at 21 h 15 min.