CBA Access to Information and Privacy Law Symposium
The CBA Access to Information and Privacy Law Symposium is taking place this year on Oct. 27-28, 2017 at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel, 1 Rideau St. in Ottawa.
I will be moderating a “Canadian Update” panel (1.5 substantive hours) with the following speakers:
- Me Jean Chartier, Président de la Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec (Québec, QC)
- David Fraser, Partner, McInnes Cooper (Halifax, NS)
- Catherine Beagan Flood, Partner, Blakes (Toronto, ON)
- Sinziana Gutiu, Associate, Dolden Wallace Folick LLP (Vancouver, BC)
- Vance Lockton, Strategic Policy & Research Analyst, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (Toronto, ON)
This Canadian Update is an action-packed summary of the major privacy and access developments from the last 12 months at the federal and provincial level. Panelists will provide their insights on key changes in legislation, recent regulatory decisions and guidance and court decisions you need to know about. The session will also turn a spotlight on Quebec, as one of the first privacy and access regimes in Canada refocuses its attention in the digital age. (Simultaneous translation available.)
To view the agenda for the event, click here.
This content has been updated on October 25, 2017 at 20 h 18 min.